All that you need to know about Kelley Washington:
- Will be 30 by Week 1
- Full name is James Kelley Washington
- Played football, basketball and baseball at Sherando High School in Stephens City, VA.
- Never played receiver in high school, only quarterback and cornerback
- Played both football and baseball at Tennessee
- Had one of the most prolific seasons for a UT freshman: 70 rec, 1080 yards, 7 TD
- Was 22 as a freshman because of a failed attempt at a baseball career.
- In 4 seasons as a Marlins prospect: .213 avg, 9 HR, .270 OBP
- Left for the NFL after his sophomore year (was redshirted)
- Drafted in 3rd round, #65 overall by the Bengals. Fell from the first round because of neck surgery
- Stats with Bengals: 44 games, 72 rec, 893 yards, 9 TD
- Signed with Patriots in 2007 to a five-year deal
- Had his contract restructured in February 2008
- Released from Patriots on Feb. 17, 2009
- Stats with Pats: 1 rec, 3 yards
- Signed with Ravens on May 19, 2009
- Will most likely be on special teams, line up as a receiver in shotgun passing plays
Sorry this took so long to post, I thought that I was just going to come home from New Jersey on Thursday, but ended up having to go to Maine for a wedding, then had to drive to West Virginia in the middle of the night for a charity basketball tournament a friend was running. So, I’m finally back home, and ready to get something done.