The first round has come and gone, the Ravens have Matt Elam in the fold and Round 2 starts in a few hours. Here are the 5 best options, in my opinion, for the Ravens.
1. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal- As many of you know, I am crazy about Allen. I think he is a Boldin clone and in three years I believe he will be the best WR in this class. He has some issues, which is why he slipped so far, but he is a competitor, a vary hard worker and a beast in the middle of the field. He is far and away the top player left on my board.
2. Menelik Watson, OT, Florida St.- Watson is a guy who I though from the beginging would be a mid second round player. He has really high upside and could be a franchise left tackle. Watson slid out of the first round because he is very raw and will be 25 during his rookie season.
3. Manti Teo, LB, Notre Dame- Teo Teo Teo. Where will he land. Teo is easily the biggest name in the draft(not best player, just biggest name). I still like Teo a lot. He is never going to be an impact player, but he is a good silid player who will start for years in this league. He would be a very solid second round pick.
4. Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU- Double Dip at safety? why not. The Ravens made it clear that they like elam as a flex safety, not just a SS. so why not draft another flex safety. If Cyprien continues to fall, and he is the best player on the board, then the Ravens could take him and have a really good safety rotation with 3 super versatile guys in Cyprien, Elam and Huff.
5. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine Bluff- Last bu not lease, another potential left tackle. Armstead became a name after the combine, but a look at his tape proves he should have been in the 2nd round conversation all along. Armstead has prototype size and incredible athleticism and feet. He needs some refinement, but guys who need polish are how you make a living in rounds 2 and 3.
1. Sio Moore, LB, UConn- Sio Moore is a guy the Ravens have been linked to quite a bit. He might go in the second round, but linebackers tend to slide so round three is not out of the question. Moore would play ILB for the Ravens and would probably start from day one. He is a very high character guy and would likely become a leader on the team with time. Moore has a lot of potential.
2. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida- Here is one of my favorite linebackers in the draft. Bostic plays basically the same style of game as Kevin Minter, but I actually like Bostic a little more, he plays a little faster and I feel like he has better play recognition. Bostic might not be around at 94, but he would be a great pick if he lasts that long.
3. Bacarri Rambo/Phillip Thomas, FS, Georgia/Fresno St.- another safety? obviously not if they were to draft Cyprien, but Rambo or Thomas could be a possibility if they dont. both of these guys are true center fielder typer free safeties. This would put Elam at the SS spot most of the time and allow these guys to work the back end. Rambo has the best ball skills and instincts in the draft.
4. Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech- If the Ravens miss out on Allen or Justin hunter, then Rogers could be the guy. Rogers has a ton of baggage with him, but the Ravens have never hesitated on character concern guys before. They think they can clean them up, Rogers is another hyper physical slot receiver who probably would have been a top 15 pick if it werent for off field issues.
5. Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego St.- Escobar is the 2nd TE on my board, I like him more than Ertz. the consensus is that he is the 4th TE on boards though, so I think he presents strong value. He is useless as a blocker, but aside from Eifert he is the best pass catching TE in the draft and he has probably the most potential of any one at the position.