Aug 22, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles running back Kenjon Barner (34) returns a punt 64-yards for a touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens during the first half at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports
Special teams: C
The low point of the night for the Ravens’ normally excellent special teams unit occurred when Eagles running back Kenjon Barner took a punt return 64 yards to the house. Only one Raven, Zach Orr, even got a hand on Barner as the Ravens simply showed poor lane discipline.
It was a shockingly bad play for a unit that didn’t give up a single punt return touchdown last season.
Now on to the positive. Justin Tucker was perfect on the night as usual, going 1/1 on field goals and 2/2 on extra points. Sam Koch punted 5 times for 261 yards (52.2 avg) with a long of 60 yards.
Kick returns were split up as several Ravens continue to vie for the job. Asa Jackson led the way with 2 for 41 yards, with Tom Nelson (24 yards) and DeAndre Carter (8 yards) splitting the other two returns.
More from Ebony Bird
- NFL Draft Profile: Anthony Richardson is the perfect pivot for Baltimore Ravens
- New Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code for Ravens Fans
- Why Baltimore Ravens might use non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson
- Should Baltimore Ravens have interest in bringing back Justice Hill
- Should the Baltimore Ravens trade up for Anthony Richardson?