Aug 22, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh on the sidelines during the second half against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles defeated the Ravens, 40-17. Mandatory Credit: Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports
Overall, an ugly, ugly effort. The Ravens simply didn’t look prepared to take on a team they practiced against all week. It was bad in pretty much every aspect, with no single unit looking even relatively competent.
The Ravens were shockingly a penalty machine one week after only committing 6. They continued to give the Eagles life and downs by racking up an incredible 17 penalties for 139 yards. Four of those came on the first drive alone, two of which went for an automatic first down.
That’s simply unacceptable for a team that has high aspirations for the coming season. The Ravens demonstrated a complete lack of discipline in all aspects of the game Saturday night, regardless of whether some of the penalties were ticky tack or not.
It truly is back to the drawing board for the Ravens ahead of next week’s regular season dress rehearsal against the Redskins. Expect them to be much more prepared than this week.
More from Ebony Bird
- NFL Draft Profile: Anthony Richardson is the perfect pivot for Baltimore Ravens
- New Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code for Ravens Fans
- Why Baltimore Ravens might use non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson
- Should Baltimore Ravens have interest in bringing back Justice Hill
- Should the Baltimore Ravens trade up for Anthony Richardson?