Aug 29, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; Officials escort Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh off the field during the first quarter against the Washington Redskins at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
It’s hard to blame the normally level headed John Harbaugh for chewing into Redskins’ coach Jay Gruden after the ridiculous tackle on Kamar Aiken that could have ended in a scary injury.
Having said that, this game was awfully chippy.
The Ravens were once again awful in the penalty department after giving up way too many last week. This week they were whistled 6 times for a loss of 50 yards, including the offensive pass interference call that cost them a touchdown.
They were also dominated in time of possession (34:43 to 25:17) as the running game failed to gain traction. They turned the ball over 3 times, which is unacceptable no matter what unit is on the field.
This is a team that needs to get itself together in the discipline department before week 1, and they need to figure out a way to open some holes up front. At this point, we can only pray that the injury bug has run it’s course.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?