#5: Darren Waller
Aug 13, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; New Orleans Saints strong safety Jamarca Sanford (33) tackles Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Darren Waller (12) during the second quarter in a preseason NFL football game at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
Coming out of college as a very raw prospect, Waller somehow fell to the Ravens in the 6th round. At 6’6” 240, Waller is a crazy physical specimen. He runs a sub 4.5 40, and he can out jump any defensive back. However, he had a lot to prove coming into training camp.
With a roster full of great receivers on the bubble, Waller has stood out amongst all of them. He has not stopped improving since he joined the team, and he looks to be a player that could be an offensive weapon in the near future.
Waller has made some spectacular plays, both in practice and in games. On a catch and run screen pass from quarterback Bryn Renner against the Eagles, Waller leapt up in the air to catch the ball and bail out Renner, and after he caught it, he immediately turned upfield, showed great vision, and managed to get into the end zone.
If Waller can continue to show improvement, he could end up being a serious threat.
Next: Marlon Brown
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?