The Baltimore Ravens took care of business in Week 1 against the Houston Texans, while the Cincinnati Bengals put up a stinker against the Cleveland Browns.
Now, the two teams will face-off in a pivotal AFC North showdown in Week 2. Can the Ravens improve to 2-0 or can the Bengals bounce back after an abysmal opening week?
I'm going to give you my pick for the game later on in this betting preview, but if you want my best bet for the rest of this week's NFL slate, you can find them in the Week 2 edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you're going to tail my picks this week, I'd recommend doing so at BetMGM Sportsbook. For a limited time, you'll get $200 in bonus bets on your first $10 wager. If you want to take advantage of this offer, all you have to do is click the link below!
Now, let's dive into this AFC North showdown.
Ravens vs. Bengals odds, spread, and total
Ravens vs. Bengals betting trends
- The UNDER is 12-4 in the Ravens' last 16 games
- The OVER is 5-1 the last six times the Ravens have played in Cincinnati
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the Bengals' last 10 games
- The Bengals have won seven-straight home games
- Bengals are 2-4 ATS in their last six games against AFC North opponents
Ravens vs. Bengals injury reports
Baltimore Ravens injury report
- Marcus Williams - S - Out
- Mark Andrews - TE - Questionable
- Ronnie Staley - OT - Questionable (knee)
- Marlon Humphrey - CB - Questionable (foot)
- Tyler Linderbaum - C - Questionable (ankle)
- JK Dobbins - RB - OUT (Achielles)
Cincinnati Bengals injury report
- Joseph Ossai - DE - Questionable
- La'el Collins - OT - Out (knee)
Ravens vs. Bengals how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 17
- Game Time: 1:00p.m. EST
- Venue: Paycor Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- Baltimore Ravens Record: 1-0
- Cincinnati Bengals Record: 0-1
Ravens vs. Bengals Key Players to Watch
Zay Flowers: The rookie wide receiver had one of the best rookie performances in Week 1, hauling in nine receptions on 10 targets for 78 yards against the Texans. If he can be a legitimate threat for the Ravens through the air, Baltimore's offense is going to be a tough challenge for any defense to face this season.
Joe Burrow: The Bengals' quarterback had one of the worst performances of his career in Week 1 against the Browns. Completing just 45.2% of his passes for 82 yards and zero touchdowns. For the Bengals to have any chance of winning this game, he needs to bounce back in a big way in Week 2.
Ravens vs. Bengals prediction and pick
I picked the Ravens to win the AFC North and I was impressed by their Week 1 performance against the Texans. I also predicted the Bengals to have a slow start to the season based on them struggling early in the 2022 season as well when Burrow missed the preseason due to appendicitis.
So, I see no reason back away from those predictions so I'll be backing the Ravens in Week 2, especially given the fact they're 3.5-point underdogs.
Yes, they're on the road, but this is an AFC North rivalry game and I wouldn't set either team has a favorite of more than a field goal worth of points.
I'll happily grab the Ravens at +3.5.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!