This post has no subject, hence the chaotic and messy title. So, I will make a list of points. Some news is good, some doesn’t matter and some isn’t news at all. Not anything bad today.
- Mark Clayton MIGHT. JUST. PLAY. in Week 1. He’s not listed on the official injury report, meaning that barring some crazy, donut-eating freak injury, Clayton will actually start a game. Mike Duffy has the story.
- The Ravens will wait to sign Super Bowl hero David Tyree, even after he passed a physical and worked out with the team yesterday. Baltimore is the #1 choice for the receiver, and it’s assumed that he’s being patient. The receiving corps could use him, in my opinion, even if he is the #5 guy.
- Baltimore Beatdown has a post about how terrible the Chiefs’ season was last year, and the title is fitting. Chiefs Want To Forget 2008 Season.
- Sporting News has come out with one of these lists that rank players, based on voting from Hall of Famers and other important people, blah, blah, blah. I’m not a huge fan of these lists, but the Ravens had five members in the top 100. Ed Reed (7th), Ray Lewis (11th), Matt Birk (40th), Terrell Suggs (44th) and Haloti Ngata (92nd). Some things from the list: Ngata is way too low. Thankfully, Reed is above Troy Pola-crap-lou, who slots in at 9th. Birk seems a bit high, but we do all have to remember that he is an All-Pro.
- Davon Drew, Ravens 5th round pick, was cut and signed by the Dolphins, and now has been placed on the PUP list. Here’s the post.
- Just a Twitter update from Josh Looney posted on ArrowheadPride.com, saying that Hamba Tali stands out to Joe Flacco as he watches Chiefs game film. Let’s hope he’s going up the middle and will be shot down by Matt Birk.
- Fellow FanSided blog, The Viking Age, has a very nice post up about the Browns. Read the title and you’ll know why.
That’s all for tonight, be sure to sign up for the Facebook Fantasy Football League. I have to make a profile first, then I will be in it, also. You can join at any time during the season, but then you will almost definitely lose out on the money reward involved.