Sorry that I haven’t posted anything, internet connections are the worst. Anyways, that game was a lost cause right away. Aaron Rodgers was incredible in the first half, and when it was 10-0, I turned it in for the night. 2 minutes later, it was 17-0. What’s done is done, and that one loss I talked about has happened in the first game. Sunday’s game should be a win, as it’s the Lions. Just for some insight about how bad they have been in recent memory, here is a nice collection of really ugly statistics.
- In their last 90 games, they are 23-67, with 7 of those wins in 2008 under Jon Kitna’s awesome quarterbacking skills.
- Apart from those 90, the total record in the 2000s of the Lions is 42-114. That’s a 27% win percentage.
- Since 1992, only 4 of the Lions’ first round picks have become undoubtedly impact players. Robert Porcher, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Ernie Sims (debatable).
- After Wayne Fontes finished his tenure with the Lions before the 1997 season, they’ve had 7 coaches, and none have come even close to having wining records.
- In 10 years of the 2000s decade, they’ve had 5 different leading passers, and only that few because Joey Harrington’s career in Detroit lasted 4 long, miserable years.
Just a few of many dismal statistics for the Lions. A win is absolutely needed on Sunday, and if the Lions play like they do usually, it should be coming in force.