Welcome to a long-overdue edition of Around The Blogosphere, where I visit every single website on the internet and tell you which stuff is best. Usually it’s all Ravens stuff from sites I’d visit anyway, but I feel like the millions of other articles I read are well worth it.
Links after the jump.
Click “Continue Reading” to see several quality links. Most of them are extremely mind-blowing.
- Could narcolepsy be responsible for Sergio Kindle’s fall down two flights of stairs? Mack Brown, his former coach, thinks so. Jamison Hensley has the scoop.
- Gene at Ravens Gab has a very good post up about the defensive line situation. Definitely worth a read.
- This is a day old, so by internet terms it’s irrelevant, but it’s very good. Tracy at Mind Pinball has moved to a new site URL and design, and wrote a very reassuring post telling Ravens to relax after the whole Kindle fiasco and the Ed Reed saga. If you’re going to read anything, read this. It’ll make you feel much better about this season.
- Terrence Cody finally passed his conditioning test, on the third try. I was planning to write a lengthy, ranting post about this, but decided better of it. Glad to see he finally took care of business and will be able to take advantage of training camp to get into playing shape.
- Heading off the Ravens path, FanSided’s Divisional Smackdown championship has arrived, and it’s time for yo uto vote. It’s come down to the AFC West (yeah, I know) and the NFC North. As I’m typing this, it is literally a tie. Each side has 126 votes. Go and vote who you feel deserves it.
- A couple young friends of mine run a great site at NextGenSports.net, and they’ve launched their new, slick-looking site design. They cover the future stars of sports, from high school to the pros. What’s even cooler is that they’re the future of sports blogging themselves, with many of the writers on staff being teenagers who write for Sports Illustrated for Kids. Check it out, and tell ‘em that Joe sent you.
- Follow USC blog Reign of Troy as USC and Lane Kiffin face a lawsuit from the Tennessee Titans regarding their suspicious hiring of Titans running backs coach Kennedy Pola as their offensive coordinator.
- The NFL’s 2nd-best safety is on Twitter now. That’s right, Troy “Sally Head and Shoulders” Polamalu has a Twitter account. He tweets some weird stuff too, telling Bills safety Jairus Byrd that Byrd’s father is ‘a great influence on [Polamalu's] uncle.’ What?!?
- (WARNING: With this final link, I’m going to use the least-funny, most-overused pun about soccer ever. It will be terrible.) Now, we’ll move to a different version of football (see?), this one being played with a round ball by 11 men, many of whom are probably from England. This Icelandic team has the coolest goalscoring celebrations ever. This was all over the web yesterday, and if you haven’t seen it yet, you’re missing out.
Tags: FanSided Jairus Byrd Jamison Hensley Kelly Gregg Nextgen Sports Reign Of Troy Sergio Kindle Sergio Kindle Narcolepsy Tennessee Titans Sue USC Terrence Cody Terrence Cody Passes Conditioning Test Troy Polamalu Troy Polamalu Twitter USC Gets Sued