- Day 8 of Ravens training camp was a little light on defense thanks to multiple injuries.
- Some familiar names on the injury wire today – Lardarius Webb (back), Daryl Smith (groin), Will Rackey (head), Timmy Jernigan (back), Terrence Cody (hip). Jimmy Smith, Steve Smith, and Eugene Monroe has a rest day.
- Rookie wide receiver Jeremy Butler returned, but didn’t appear to be at full strength.
- Asa Jackson started in the slot, with Chykie Brown and Tremain Jacobs on the outside at cornerback on Friday, thanks to Webb and Smith’s absence. Interesting that Brown and Jacobs got the nod over Dominique Franks. Jackson has been playing well so far in camp and hasn’t embarrassed himself.
- Josh Bynes received starter reps in Daryl Smith’s absence and made some nice plays.
- Joe Flacco continues to struggle a bit, botching an exchange under center and throwing an interception to Asa Jackson. He made a few nice throws in between, but has been very up and down thus far.
- Sam Koch showed that Justin Tucker isn’t the only big leg in camp, connecting on field goals from 51 and 60 yards.
- Terrell Suggs took a break from blowing up offensive linemen to work in coverage today. He did give up a touchdown to Delonte Thompson, but he also held Dennis Pitta and Owen Daniels to zero catches.
That’s all for today, see you tomorrow for Saturday’s early practice!
Tags: Baltimore Ravens