Preseason: Week 1 Impressions
I only watched the 2nd half, but here’s what I got from it:
- Troy Smith is quite good.
- Justin Harper also looked quite good.
- I’m pumped to see Paul Kruger tearing up O-lines this year. Anyone with a good nickname/catchphrase for him, just leave a comment.
- Lardarius Webb was all over the field, and you could see his safety side, getting pressue on the QB and being a ball hawk, breaking up multiple passes.
- I hate these TV guys. Though I did like Qadry Ismail’s playing days.
- Edgar Jones is a cool guy to talk with, and had a solid game. He’s definitely a hell of an athlete, when he told me about his time on defense in college and his smooth transition to tight end. I might be able to get an interview with him in some time.
- I liked how well the team meshed, especially keeping in mind that they don’t mesh very well in the preseason usually.
- I’m just looking at the total team stats, and HOLY S*!@, the Ravens had 500 total yards of offense.
- Jayson Foster is faaaasstt. I also called him Justin during the game.
- Marcus Smith is out with a serious injury. Not sure how long, but out indefinitely, Coach Harbaugh just said.
- It was a fun game.
Maybe more analysis coming tomorrow, but it’s a preseason game, and it all went according to plan (except for the Smith news)