Apr 6, 2013; Charlottesville, VA, USA; Virginia Cavaliers defensive tackle Brent Urban (99) chases Cavaliers quarterback Phillip Sims (14) during the spring game at Scott Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
Wednesday practice saw a number of injuries in Ravens camp. Rookie DL Brent Urban appeared to suffer a knee injury while being blocked by tackle Jah Reid, who said it “didn’t look good.” Urban had to be carted off the field. Following practice, John Harbaugh echoed Reid’s sentiments and said that Urban would get an MRI tonight.
Fellow rookie DT Timmy Jernigan, who has been a star in camp thus far, went down on the same play as Urban but was able to limp off the field. In the post practice press conference Harbaugh said that Jernigan, who appeared to be favoring his back, “looks fine.” It’s a big sigh of relief for the impressive youngster and the team.
More from Ravens News
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
- 5 Georgia Bulldogs the Ravens might draft to follow Todd Monken
- Get ready, Baltimore, you’re going to love Todd Monken
- Ravens news: Bengals fall to Chiefs in AFC thriller, a new OC in the mix, and more
- Ravens news: Anthony Richardson buzz grows louder, an unsung hero, and more
Center Jeremy Zuttah had to come off the field for examination after he was shaken up. Thankfully he was fine and was able to resume practicing after getting checked out. Several players did not practice today, including Lardarius Webb who is still fighting back spasms.