Oct 18, 2015; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith (89) runs after the catch against the San Francisco 49ers during the second quarter at Levi
It was another mostly ugly week for the team formerly known as possible Super Bowl contenders, the Baltimore Ravens. Making matters even worse, the poor performance came against the lowly San Francisco 49ers, a team even more maligned than the Ravens.
Adding even more insult to injury, the secondary was repeatedly burned by a pair of former Ravens – Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin. And despite their struggles, the Ravens once again found themselves in a position to win at the end.
Some of the worst clock management you’ll ever see ensured that they would fall to 1-5, an embarrassing display of ineptness. And arguably a total lack of care whether they actually won the game or not.
But it wasn’t all bad, of course. We saw Steve Smith return and put in a gutsy performance despite being in obvious pain. Same for Justin Forsett, who gutted out an ankle injury to put in a decent day’s work. We’ll start by taking a look at Smitty and his impressive return to the field.
Next: Steve Smith
More from Ebony Bird
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
- New Caesars-BetMGM Promo Code: Get Over $2,000
- Ravens 2024 Super Bowl odds (Questions around Lamar Jackson’s future doesn’t keep Baltimore’s odds down)
- Special BetMGM Maryland Promo: Get $1,000 Now
- 5 Georgia Bulldogs the Ravens might draft to follow Todd Monken