Leonard Floyd May Be The Most Exciting Risk In This Draft…
Leonard Floyd is a has the potential to be a game changing player in the NFL. The problem is he also has the potential to underwhelm. Floyd has some of the traits of elite pass rushers in the NFL. The 6’6″ edge rusher has an amazing wingspan. He is a great athlete, and he understands how to use his strengths as an advantage. Floyd however lacks top-tier strength, and he lacks the prototypical build to go with his length. He weighs in at 244 pounds.
Floyd had some production at Georgia. In three seasons with the Bulldogs, he has 17 sacks and 26.5 tackles for a loss. Floyd isn’t a great tackling linebacker. His strength is concerning. If Floyd gets taken in the first round, the team that drafts him is betting on his upside. Floyd is a risk at any point in this draft. Here is an example of a guy who has a very high ceiling and a pretty low floor.
More from Ravens Draft
- Should the Baltimore Ravens trade up for Anthony Richardson?
- 5 Georgia Bulldogs the Ravens might draft to follow Todd Monken
- Ravens prepare for Marcus Peters’ departure in 2023 mock draft
- One 2023 NFL Draft prospect the Ravens ‘should be watching’
- Ravens pick a wide receiver in way-too-early 2022 NFL re-draft
- Solid repertoire of pass rushing moves.
- Explosive burst of the ball
- Excellent length and height
- Wins with leverage and quickness
- Weak against the run
- Average tackling skills
- He’s a project, needs to bulk up
- Can he bull rush NFL tackles?
Should Ravens Target Floyd?
Well it was reported that Leonard Floyd met with the team today, so the Ravens must have interest. The question here is how much interest do the Ravens have. Floyd’s concerns make it doubtful that he is a top-10 pick. If the Ravens trade back, he could be in play.
I think there are more polished pass rushing options. Shaq Lawson for example would provide more of an instant impact. Floyd has exciting upside, but let’s not act like this wouldn’t be a massive gamble. Floyd has the polish of a second round pick, with some first round attributes.