The 5 Most Frustrating Baltimore Ravens Of All Time
2. Billy Cundiff
A picture of Cundiff with the Browns is much better for my blood pressure. He had one job to do and he did it as poorly as possible. The 2011 Ravens were great but their greatness was wasted in one swing of Cundiff’s unreliable foot. It was January 22, 2012. It was the AFC Championship Game against the New England Patriots. A 32 yard field goal was all that separated the Ravens from continuing their season in overtime. He hooked it wide left.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens tender Tyler Huntley?
- Ranking 5 teams most likely to trade Baltimore Ravens for Lamar Jackson
- Will these comments impact Lamar Jackson and Baltimore Ravens talks?
- 3 Biggest Needs for Ravens in NFL Draft
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
The kick didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of going through the uprights. There is a reason that Cundiff has been on 14 different teams. Eventually he gets asked to make the big kick and he inevitably misses it. If you say this kicker’s name in Baltimore, you will still get glares of anger. I’m practically punching my keyboard with each letter I type.
You’re allowed to miss. Mistakes happen. You know what you’re not allowed to do? End the season with a kick so laughably bad that it now defines what an epic fail is. I will never get over that kick. When I am ninety years old it will still haunt me.
Next: 1. Lee Evans