Baltimore Ravens: 3 Problems Other Than Marc Trestman
1. Joe Flacco Must Step Up
Joe Flacco is playing like a shell of what he was. Something is not right. Flacco is not stepping into his throws. He checks things down even when he has a chance to make a play down the field. Either he’s blind to open receivers or he doesn’t have the confidence to pull the trigger.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens tender Tyler Huntley?
- Ranking 5 teams most likely to trade Baltimore Ravens for Lamar Jackson
- Will these comments impact Lamar Jackson and Baltimore Ravens talks?
- 3 Biggest Needs for Ravens in NFL Draft
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
Flacco isn’t extending plays with his feet. He was never a runner but he has the ability to roll out and make a play. Flacco is making Tom Brady look mobile at this point. Flacco is not stepping up in the pocket. The second he gets pressure he throws it. Flacco actually didn’t play horribly against the Redskins. He gave Breshad Perriman two touchdowns, Perriman just didn’t take them. Flacco has struggled but he has had some flashes of his former self. That is one encouraging thing.
Flacco has the resume of an elite quarterback. However right now he’s having problems that his rookie self would laugh at. Flacco is missing throws he never would have missed in the past. Remember the throw to Kyle Juszczyk in the Raiders game? That was the worst example, but it’s far from the first.