Baltimore Ravens Vs. New York Jets: Bullet Points
Here are some things that you need to know going into the Baltimore Ravens battle with the New York Jets:
- The Baltimore Ravens need this win to go into the bye week with some confidence.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick has been benched by the Jets in favor of Geno Smith. Fitzpatrick had thrown 11 interceptions this season.
- Geno Smith has played in 31 games for the Jets and has thrown 27 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.
Related Story: Ravens Vs. Jets: A Conversation With The Jet Press
- The Baltimore Ravens have the 3rd ranked defense and they are 9th in pass defense.
- A big factor in this game will be the availability of Jimmy Smith. Brandon Marshall is by far the Jets best receiver and Smith has to shut him down.
- The Ravens are in their second week with Marty Mornhinweg as the offensive coordinator. We should begin to see a different approach from the Ravens offense.
- The Ravens will be without Terrell Suggs in this one. The young Ravens pass rushers have to step up. Setting the edge in run defense is another thing the Ravens have to worry about in his absence.
- Terrance West has only had three games with 20 or more carries this season. They need to get West to be the centerpiece of their offense.
- The Ravens rank 24th in points scored this season. The Jets are last in the league in points scored. This could be a low scoring affair.
- This could be a get right game for the Ravens offense. They will be facing the 25th best defense in the NFL.
- Matt Forte is averaging 3.5 yards per carry. That probably isn’t getting better against the Ravens who have the top ranked rushing defense.
Next: Baltimore Ravens Injury Report: Flacco Set To Play
- The Jets have a turnover ratio of -11. The Ravens are +3 in the turnover ratio. Turnovers could make a huge difference in this game.
- The Ravens have lost three straight games after starting 3-0. This game is a stop the bleeding kind of moment.