Exploring Ozzie Newsome’s Declining Draft Results
The Ravens 2010 Draft Results
- Round 2: Sergio Kindle, OLB (Texas) 43rd Overall Pick
- Round 2: Terrence Cody, DT (Alabama) 57th Overall Pick
- Round 3: Ed Dickson, TE (Oregon) 70th Overall Pick
- Round 4: Dennis Pitta, TE (BYU) 114th Overall Pick
- Round 5: David Reed, WR (Utah) 156th Overall Pick
- Round 5: Arthur Jones, DE (Syracuse) 157th Overall Pick
- Round 6: Ramone Harewood, OT (Moorehouse) 194th Overall Pick
Alright, this draft class is not Mr. Newsome’s best work. Sergio Kindle was perhaps one of the most disappointing picks the Ravens ever made. Terrence Cody was a waste of great size and strength. David Reed was a frustrating return man and a very average wide receiver. Ramone Harwood was a sixth round pick for a reason.
The Ravens did get two key players in Dennis Pitta and Arthur Jones. Pitta became the preferred target of Joe Flacco at the tight end position. Before the back to back hip injuries, Pitta was a Super Bowl hero. The Ravens hit with Jones. He grew into a really good football player. Just when he was beginning to shine, the Ravens lost him in free agency.
The bad certainly outweighs the good in this draft. Overall five of seven picks were a bust. Pitta and Jones did help the team, but not enough to forgive this poor draft class.