The Baltimore Ravens have a tough battle against the Denver Broncos today. Be the smartest fan in the room with these bullet points:
Weather could be a factor today, but it didn’t bother the Baltimore Ravens in week 1. The Broncos however are much more dangerous than the Buffalo Bills.
The Ravens offensive line was an issue the first two weeks of the season. The Broncos pass rush is led by Von Miller. Denver already has seven sacks this season.
The weakness of the Broncos defense is covering the tight end. Will Dissly and Jared Cook exploited this in weeks 1 and 2. Look for Mark Andrews to have another strong showing.
Case Keenum has thrown four interceptions this season. The Ravens have to force him into mistakes.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens tender Tyler Huntley?
- Ranking 5 teams most likely to trade Baltimore Ravens for Lamar Jackson
- Will these comments impact Lamar Jackson and Baltimore Ravens talks?
- 3 Biggest Needs for Ravens in NFL Draft
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
The Ravens haven’t had much help from their running game. The Ravens rank 23rd in rushing yards per game.
The Broncos rushing attack is one of the NFL’s best. Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman have are two rookie running backs who can make some big plays.
The Ravens will have to stop the run and they may not have C.J. Mosley who suffered a knee bruise last week.
The Ravens have had two contrasting performances. A 47-3 victory against the Bills and a 34-23 loss to the Bengals. The Ravens will get a better idea of what kind of team they are today.
Buck Allen is the Ravens leader in receptions. The Ravens may need to lean on the running backs out of the backfield to slow down the Broncos pass rush.
John Brown leads the Ravens in receiving yards and touchdowns but the Ravens passing attack has been pretty spread out. Nine players have at least three receptions this season.
Flacco has two straight games with multiple touchdowns. He had three against the Bills and two against the Bengals.
- This could be a field position battle with two good defenses. Sam Koch is a good weapon to have. The Ravens punter has three punts inside the 20 already this season.
- All eyes will be on the Ravens punt returning situation. Tim White was promoted on the active roster while Janarion Grant was let go after two fumbles.