Ravens vs. Redskins: Bullet points for preseason game 4
The Baltimore Ravens are about to take on Washington in the fourth preseason game. Here are the bullet points to get you ready:
- Don’t expect to see much or any of the Ravens starters. You may get some role players into the fold, like Chris Moore or Justice Hill. The Ravens have to get through the game without putting their most important players at risk of injury.
- Trace McSorley should get his second start in a row. McSorley had an impressive outing against the Eagles. He had 203 passing yards, scored two passing touchdowns and ran for a touchdown as well.
- Playing time in this game can be a double edged sword. Yes, it is a last chance for the players to prove themselves, however the more snaps a player sees on the field, the more likely he isn’t going to make the team.
- The wide receiver position is the most interesting position to watch tonight. The back end of the Ravens receiver group is still vying for a roster spot. Jaleel Scott, Antoine Wesley and Michael Floyd need to make plays that boost their chances.
- Expect to see a lot of De’Lance Turner and Tyler Ervin tonight. The running back group is hugely important to the offense and these two are auditioning for other teams.
- Turner is averaging 4.8 yards per carry and is only behind Hill in rushing yards by Ravens’ running backs, this preseason.
- The Ravens just traded Jermaine Eluemunor to the New England Patriots. Pay attention to who starts at left guard in this game. More importantly, pay attention to who gets the least amount of time on the field at left guard. That player may just be the starter in week 1.
- The Ravens are going for their 16th straight preseason victory. That’s about as much as a rooting interest as preseason football offers.
- The battle for the last cornerback spot is something to keep an eye on tonight. The player who can least afford to look bad tonight is Maurice Canady. Canady struggled against the Eagles. More of the same could seal him as a roster cut.