In a reversal of sorts, this Sunday Night Football matchup will focus on the Baltimore Ravens offense vs. the New England Patriots defense.
For a generation of football fans, matchups between the Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots were must-watch TV — pitting the legendary Tom Brady and his high-scoring Patriots offense against Ray Lewis and the offense-controlling Ravens defense.
More from Ebony Bird
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
- New Caesars-BetMGM Promo Code: Get Over $2,000
- Ravens 2024 Super Bowl odds (Questions around Lamar Jackson’s future doesn’t keep Baltimore’s odds down)
- Special BetMGM Maryland Promo: Get $1,000 Now
- 5 Georgia Bulldogs the Ravens might draft to follow Todd Monken
Well, times have changed a little bit. Still a solid offensive squad, the Patriots are now relying on a suffocating defense, while the Ravens have been led by their young, explosive quarterback, Lamar Jackson.
Fans of the NFL will still tune in for this primetime battle, but the theme of the night will be what kind of game plan the Patriots defense, led by coach Bill Belichick, will put together to try to control the dual-threat Jackson.
This game will be previewed to pieces before kickoff, and analysts will spend days disseminating the information from it afterward, regardless of who comes out on top. Before we get into all the Xs and Os later in the week, let’s take a basic look at what we might expect, based on what we’ve seen from both teams thus far in the 2019 campaign.