The nation sees what Baltimore Ravens fans already new — there’s a star in Baltimore
He’s had more prolific games throwing the ball, and he “only” rushed for 61 yards, but Lamar Jackson stole the spotlight in the Baltimore Ravens 37-20 win over New England Patriots. He did this with three total touchdowns, a passer rating of 107.7 and several jaw-dropping plays.
Jackson was efficient on the night, and probably convinced a few naysayers that he’s better than they thought, but there was plenty to take in from this huge win by the Ravens.
• Mark Ingram had a tough fumble in the second quarter that was part of the micro-meltdown that let the Patriots back in the game, but he was great overall. Ingram ran for 115 yards on 15 carries, and notched another 29 yards on a couple receptions. He has been a terrific free agent signing.
• Marquise Brown returned and put up 48 yards on three catches, bringing some speed back to the offense. He is critical to the continued growth of this team going forward.
• Nick Boyle led the team with five catches and recorded his first touchdown, but more importantly, he didn’t hurdle when everyone watching just knew he would. Boyle had a nice game all night, blocking and catching.
• Patrick Onwuasor and Jimmy Smith both returned to action, and they both had very nice games. Smith was in tight coverage every time he showed up, and Peanut had a sack and forced a fumble. Welcome back, boys.
• Earl Thomas was also a star in this game, in addition to his interception, he covered receivers man-to-man, blitzed and played deep. Thomas is growing into this defense, and that only helps the Ravens.
• Marlon Humphrey is a true-blue superstar. What Jackson is becoming on the offensive side, Humphrey is on defense. He seizes momentum in games by always being around the ball and competing until the whistle. It’s no accident he gets these opportunities to make a play.
• The Ravens can beat anyone. They are well-coached, deep in most positions and have actual game changers on the roster. With some salary cap flexibility in the future, and a young quarterback, this should be another new exciting era for Ravens fans.
• They whipped the Patriots. On national television. Celebrate, Ravens Flock!