Ranking Lamar Jackson’s 2019 performances so far
3. History making combination hosting the Bengals
In the first battle against the Bengals, Jackson was the first quarterback to throw for over 225 yards and run for 150. Jackson had 388 total yards in the contest. The Bengals didn’t know what to do. The Ravens dominated in time of possession and were able to limit the Bengals in their chances to comeback in the game.
More from Ebony Bird
- Ravens’ Super Bowl odds stagnant amidst Lamar Jackson trade rumors
- New Caesars-BetMGM Promo Code: Get Over $2,000
- Ravens 2024 Super Bowl odds (Questions around Lamar Jackson’s future doesn’t keep Baltimore’s odds down)
- Special BetMGM Maryland Promo: Get $1,000 Now
- 5 Georgia Bulldogs the Ravens might draft to follow Todd Monken
Good things tend to happen when the Jackson plays the Bengals. He got his first ever start against the Bengals in 2018. Jackson is 3-0 against the Ravens divisional foe. The Bengals have always been a team that has challenged Baltimore. Jackson brought a very nice change of pace in this rivalry.
4. Defeating the Patriots on Sunday Night Football
The Ravens beating the Patriots may have been the biggest moment of the NFL season. The Patriots were undefeated coming into the game and their defense was being hailed as one of the best of all time. The Patriots were getting a lot of analysts to pencil them in as the presumptive Super Bowl champions. The Ravens changed everything in the AFC. They proved that they belonged as one of the contenders in the AFC.
Jackson’s performance was remarkable in the Sunday night affair. He went 17-23 passing for 163 yards and a touchdown. Jackson chipped in 61 yards and two touchdowns on the ground. The Patriots didn’t have an answer and Baltimore’s ability to keep the ball for long drives put the game away. Jackson stumped one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the NFL’s history in Bill Belichick. This was the night that Jackson proved that he could beat anybody and that he was truly the MVP candidate he was starting to get talked about as.