2020 Senior Bowl: Standouts for Baltimore Ravens day 2
After day two of the Senior Bowl we can highlight some standouts from practice that the Baltimore Ravens should have some interest in.
After two days of practice down in Mobile, Alabama, there are guys who have stood out significantly and helped there draft stock soar. Alternatively, some have struggled a bit, but we’re here to be positive and report who is helping themselves out the most. Particularity, we’re here to discuss who the Baltimore Ravens should be keeping an eye on.
The Ravens have needs at wide receiver, edge rusher, and defensive line. Fittingly, all of these positions are loaded at the 2020 Senior Bowl and the players have lived up to the hype. Baltimore has been seen interviewing some of the players who’ve showed out most, including some names you may not be familiar with.
Without further ado, here’s who the Baltimore Ravens should continue to watch carefully for the remainder of this year’s Senior Bowl:
- Florida wide receiver Van Jefferson showed out in on Tuesday’s practices and Wednesday’s practices were no different. Jefferson gets a clean release off the line of scrimmage and is making contested catches vs. sticky coverage. A strong week could propel him to day two of the 2020 NFL Draft where the Baltimore Ravens could opt to snatch him up.
- Alabama edge rusher Terrell Lewis once again balled out. Lewis looks 100% after tearing his ACL in 2018 and should be a lock for day one of the upcoming draft. Given the team’s need for edge rushing, Baltimore should be one of the teams vying for his services.
- Javon Kinlaw entered this week as the 2020 Senior Bowl’s top-profile player who doesn’t play quarterback. Kinlaw has dominated practices all week and has secured first round draft status. It should come to the surprise of no one that the Ravens took some time to watch the defensive linemen practice, where Kinlaw shined.
- Ohio State has been putting some quality wide receivers into the NFL as of late and K.J. Hill looks to be the next one. Hill has looked as good as any receiver in mobile and could grab some stock in the top-100 after it’s all said and done.
- I didn’t come to Mobile with a ton of love for Texas wide receiver Collin Johnson, but I’ll be leaving with a new opinion on him. Johnson is a massive body at 6’6” 220-lbs. but has shown some slick route running this week. As long as he’s healthy, he should be a lock for day two.
- One under-the-radar name to know: Jason Strowbridge. Strowbridge, a 6’5” 285-lbs. defensive lineman from North Carolina, has looked strong in practices and continued his performances into Wednesday’s practices. It will be interesting to see how high he can send his draft stock with a good week in Mobile.
There’s still one more day of practice left to continuing evaluating this year’s crop of senior talent, but as of now these are the players from the 2020 Senior Bowl who should stand out the most for the Baltimore Ravens. Make sure you follow me @RichieBradz36 for updates throughout the day, including rumors and what I see at practice!