30 Ravens takes 30 Days out from the 2020 season opener
15 more hot takes on the way:
16) Where’s the defense? Don’t worry I didn’t forget about the staple of Baltimore football for the better part of two decades. The Ravens defense finished fourth in the NFL in yards per game allowed last season with 300.6. Sharpie the Ravens in for a top three defense in 2020.
17) Calais Campbell was the biggest addition to the Ravens defense this off-season and look for him to make an immediate impact. He is stout in the running game and has a knack for getting to the quarterback. Campbell finishes with nine+ sacks this season. Joining Campbell as newcomers on the defensive front is former Bronco Derek Wolfe. Wolfe had seven sacks last season and he will match that total this year.
18) Returnees Jaylon Ferguson, Tyus Bowser, and Matt Judon will combine for 18+ sacks in 2020. These three along with the two mentioned before them will help the Ravens become a top 10 team in sacks in the NFL this season for the first time since 2014.
19) Patrick Queen starts from day one and is named 2020 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. I said some of these would be hot takes and I am here to deliver. Queen is the beneficiary of playing behind what projects to be a stout defensive front and in front of what promises to be an elite secondary. Also Wink Martindale is a pretty good defensive coach. It’s a dream landing spot for the LSU product.
20) We see L.J. Fort starting next to Queen on opening day and likely for longer than many expect. It’s not that I don’t have trust in Malik Harrison to shoulder the starter snaps at the other inside linebacker position. But I find it tough to believe that the Ravens are going to go with two rookies inside in what has been a tumultuous off-season with the pandemic limiting development of rookies.