Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith promised “blood and guts” when he faced his former team, the Carolina Panthers. And he delivered. Not just with his stellar play on the field, but with many noteworthy comments. Thankfully the NFL had Smitty mic’d up for the game, and thanks to Black and Blue Review‘s Bill Voth, we have a short outtake of some of his memorable comments from an Inside the NFL segment.
More from Ravens News
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
Smith Sr. talks about putting a nail in the Panther’s coffin while pacing around the sidelines in the beginning of the clip, also telling Carolina players that they need to get back to Carolina. Smith then hilariously tells them that they need to mow his lawn when they get back, which may possibly be true with Smith away in Baltimore. Things wrap up with a little recognition from John Harbaugh in the locker room, where Smitty reminds everyone to “ice up, son.”
It’s all in good fun, of course. If nothing else, the Ravens have added some comedic elements to their team by picking up Steve Smith this offseason. Oh yea, in addition to a reliable weapon for Joe Flacco, a big time playmaker, and a leader on and off the field. Guess we should point that out too.