Sep 15, 2013; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens guard Kelechi Osemele (72) prepares to block Cleveland Browns linebacker Barkevious Mingo (51) during the second half at M&T Bank Stadium. The Ravens won 14 – 6. Mandatory Credit: Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports
After putting in a limited practice on Thursday, both Eugene Monroe and Kelechi Osemele missed practice on Friday and are not expected to play on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons. Monroe is working his way back from knee surgery and has missed three games, while Osemele missed last week’s game with a knee injury.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
It appears that rookies James Hurst and John Urschel will get their second straight start on Sunday after holding down the left side of the offensive line in week six’s win over the Bucs. Hurst in particular has struggled a bit, but didn’t give up a sack against the Bucs. The good news is, the Falcons don’t pose much of a pass rushing threat.
The Ravens are likely looking ahead to week eight, when they travel to Cincinnati in a pivotal division game against a team with a strong defensive line. It would be very prudent of the team to let both of it’s stud linemen get ready for that game instead of rushing them back on the field and risking further injury.