Aug 7, 2014; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith, Sr. (89) jogs to the line of scrimmage in the first quarter against the San Francisco 49ers at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
4. Steve Smith Sr., WR
In 2014, Smith was one of Joe Flacco’s most trusted weapons in the passing game. He put up over 1,000 yards and scored six touchdowns. With Torrey Smith now in San Francisco with the 49ers, the Ravens need their veteran wideout to help develop and mentor the young receiving corps.
His leadership, passion, and physicality is invaluable to the Ravens and their players. Smith is still a very productive receiver at the age of 36 and still looks to have a lot left in the tank.
I think with rookie receiver Breshad Perriman drawing a lot of attention while lining up opposite him, Smith could have another big year, perhaps even better than last season. This may be Smiths’ last season and I know he will want to got out with a bang and win the Super Bowl.
One thing we can surely count on is that Smith will give his everything on every play and he looks to continue on the road to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Next: Justin Forsett.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?