Nov 2, 2014; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Antwon Blake (41) celebrates as Baltimore Ravens guard Rick Wagner (71) walks past during the second half of the game at Heinz Field. The Steelers won the game, 43-23. Mandatory Credit: Jason Bridge-USA TODAY Sports
Rick Wagner was perhaps the biggest surprise of 2014 for the Ravens, grading out as Pro Football Focus’ #1 right tackle in the NFL before going down with a dreaded Lisfranc injury. He still finished the season as the third best right tackle in the league and 15th best tackle overall. That’s an amazing feat for a guy who the Ravens weren’t even sure was going to start last offseason.
Unfortunately, Wagner still has yet to practice this offseason after suffering his foot injury back in week 16 of last season. Lisfranc injuries have a habit of dragging on for a long time (just ask Jimmy Smith) and it’s unclear whether or not he will be ready by training camp.
Will Wagner be a one hit wonder, or will he get healthy and adapt to a new offensive coordinator and scheme? It’s asking a lot of a guy that doesn’t have a large body of work to go on.
Next: Daryl Smith
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?