Aug 28, 2014; New Orleans, LA, USA; Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker Arthur Brown (59) on the sidelines in the second half of their game against the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports
Brown, a second round draft choice of the Ravens in 2013, has been one of the worst busts on Ozzie Newsome’s otherwise almost flawless record. He is also another player that the Ravens traded up to get, sending three draft picks to the Seahawks for the right to move up six spots.
In return, they got a player who appeared in four games last season and recorded zero stats. Brown wasn’t even good enough to earn a spot on the active roster for much of the season, and didn’t play a single defensive snap.
Also on Ebony Bird: Roster Breakdown – Linebacker
Brown appeared in 15 games in his rookie season, seeing action on 210 snaps and racking up a whopping 11 tackles and a half sack.
The Ravens were rumored to be shopping Brown last offseason after they acquired C.J. Mosley in the first round, and they would be wise to listen to offers this offseason (if there are any interested teams). Brown is unlikely to finally see the light and become an impact player at this point.
Next: Asa Jackson
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?