May 28, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens cornerback Asa Jackson (27) catches a punt during training camp at the Under Armour Performance Center. Mandatory Credit: Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
Can these former draft picks save their jobs?
What do Asa Jackson, Arthur Brown, and Jah Reid have in common? They’re all former Ravens draft picks that are on the roster hot seat this offseason. All three have a pretty good chance at finding themselves left off the final, 53 man roster before the regular season begins.
Jackson is fighting a host of competition after the Ravens worked hard to strengthen their depth and talent at the cornerback position following a horrible and injury laden 2014. Jackson played poorly before going down with an injury and has a lot to prove.
Reid and Brown have been busts since day one, and both might be running out of chances. Both spent all or most of 2014 on the inactive list and are easily replaceable on a team stacked with depth at linebacker and along the offensive line.
This figures to be the last chance for at least one of the three, and perhaps more than one.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?