Aug 13, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens tight end Maxx Williams (87) leaps over New Orleans Saints cornerback Travis Manning (26) during the fourth quater in a preseason NFL football game at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Amber Searls-USA TODAY Sports
Stock up: Maxx Williams
The Ravens probably (secretly) want Williams to win the starting tight end job, simply because he is the most talented guy on the roster. But Crockett Gillmore showed up to camp in great shape, which has thrown a monkey wrench into their plans.
Adding to the complications has been Williams’ slow development to date. He has admittedly had some trouble grasping the playbook, which is normal for first year tight ends.
But Williams helped himself a lot Thursday night with a solid performance against the Saints, finishing with 2 grabs on 3 targets for 36 yards, with the highlight coming from a 22 yarder that saw him leap over some would be defenders.
It was an encouraging sign from the talented young man, one that he must continue to build on to win the starting job.
Next: Stock down
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?