Jul 30, 2015; Owings Mills, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens strong safety Will Hill (33) covers defensive back Nick Perry (36) during coverage drill on day one of training camp at Under Armour Performance Center. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
Nick Perry, Safety
A 2015 UDFA signing, Perry has been impressing coaches since his arrival in Baltimore. It’s also no secret that Ravens’ GM Ozzie Newsome loves his Alabama players. Add in the season ending injury to Matt Elam, and Perry seems to have a leg up on making the final roster.
John Harbaugh named Perry specifically as one of the young safeties on the current roster who has been stepping up in practice.
“Very pleased with Nick,” Harbaugh said following a recent practice. “Not surprised. He knows football. You expect that from Alabama guys. Tough. Good player.”
Perry was a productive player at Alabama and has carried over his playmaking prowess to Ravens’ practices. He is competing with fellow former UDFA’s Brynden Trawick and Anthony Levine for a spot behind starters Will Hill and Kendrick Lewis.
I think Perry will beat out Trawick for the fifth and final safety spot, based on his pedigree, playmaking ability, and special teams play.
Next: Zach Orr
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?