Jul 30, 2015; Owings Mills, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (5) (left), quarterback Bryn Renner (2) and quarterback Matt Schaub (8) talk on the field during day one of training camp at Under Armour Performance Center. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
In: Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub
Out: Bryn Renner
The Ravens carried three quarterbacks over John Harbaugh’s first two seasons at the helm, which also happened to be Joe Flacco’s rookie and sophomore seasons.
For the five consecutive seasons that have followed, the Ravens have kept only two quarterbacks on their final roster.
Don’t expect that trend to change in 2015. The Ravens brought in veteran Matt Schaub as cheap insurance behind a durable Flacco to serve as his caddy this coming season.
The Ravens cut ties with Keith Wenning, a 2014 sixth round draft pick, and brought in Bryn Renner to be the future practice squad QB. He has a 0% chance of unseating Schaub for the #2 job.
Next: Running Backs
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?