Jan 10, 2015; Foxborough, MA, USA; New England Patriots tight end Michael Hoomanawanui (47) carries the ball as Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker Daryl Smith (51) and Ravens defensive back Rashaan Melvin (38) tackle in the fourth quarter during the 2014 AFC Divisional playoff football game at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark L. Baer-USA TODAY Sports
In: C.J. Mosley, Daryl Smith, Terrell Suggs, Elvis Dumervil, Courtney Upshaw, Steve Means, Albert McClellan, Za’Darius Smith, Zach Orr
Out: Brennen Beyer, Andrew Bose, Zach Thompson, Arthur Brown
A whopping 11 linebackers made the cut in 2014, but typically Harbaugh likes to keep 9-10. There isn’t much breathing room for the hopefuls with Mosley, Smith, Suggs, Dumervil, Upshaw, and Smith as locks.
McClellan is a special teams maven, as is Orr. Orr and Means have both had impressive offseasons thus far and might have a future on this defense behind the aging Suggs, Dumervil, and Smith. Means in particular has impressed as a pass rusher.
The big story here is Arthur Brown, a former second round pick who might be on his ninth life. Brown showed up against the Saints but played a ton of snaps, typical of guys who are on the bubble.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?