Jul 30, 2015; Owings Mills, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens running back Terrence Magee (30) runs with the ball during day one of training camp at Under Armour Performance Center. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
Running Backs (3)
In: Justin Forsett, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Buck Allen
Out: Fitzgerald Toussaint, Terrence Magee
The top three of Justin Forsett, Lorenzo Taliaferro, and Buck Allen are obvious roster locks. In all but one of his seven seasons with the Ravens, John Harbaugh has carried a total of four running backs/fullbacks on the final roster.
But with Taliaferro out for at least a couple of weeks, the Ravens might be forced to carry another back on their active roster, at least at the beginning of the season. Toussaint was the practice squad/emergency back last year, but they appear to be souring on him.
Magee has been better and has seen more action in the preseason. But that’s not to say that the Ravens won’t look for a potentially better option on the waiver wire. They were reportedly interested in Fred Jackson as well after rookie Buck Allen has failed to impress.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?