Sep 21, 2014; Cleveland, OH, USA; Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta (88) was hurt on this play against the Cleveland Browns during the second quarter at FirstEnergy Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Ron Schwane-USA TODAY Sports
The tight end position
As for the tight end position, that was a position that the Ravens believed their stud Dennis Pitta would be able to occupy again, but now that he’s on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list, that leaves the Ravens in another interesting spot.
When Owen Daniels left Baltimore and joined the Broncos, that really put Pitta back in the conversation in terms of a possible return. Now, though the Ravens still have valuable assets in Crockett Gillmore, Nick Boyle and Maxx Williams, there’s still some inexperience there.
Gilmore is going to start at tight end, but that’s not to say that he won’t have his share of adversity throughout the season. And given the injuries we’re seeing on the roster right now, either Boyle or Williams will have to be ready to jump into a starting role if Gilmore was to face ailments this season — ailments that Williams is already facing himself.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?