Sep 3, 2015; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Falcons running back Terron Ward (33) runs the ball against the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth quarter at the Georgia Dome. The Ravens defeated the Falcons 20-19. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
After a slow start and a first possession touchdown allowed by the Ravens defense, things settled down a bit. Normally stout against the run, the Ravens’ D gave up 127 rushing yards, albeit across 31 carries (4.1 avg).
They did get a good bit of pressure on both Sean Renfree and Rex Grossman, however, racking up 2 sacks on each quarterback. The pass defense was better than the last two weeks as well. Combined, the two QB’s went 14/24 for 84 yards, 1 TD, and 0 interceptions.
Arthur Brown once again saw a lot of playing time and tied with Christo Bilukidi for the most tackles with 6. Kapron Lewis-Moore had another nice game, racking up 5 tackles with 2 going for a loss.
Perhaps the story of the defense, however, was the continued strong play of linebacker Brennen Beyer. Beyer racked up 3 tackles (2 for a loss), 2 sacks, and 3 quarterback hits. It’s a shame that he probably won’t make the final roster, but the Ravens are likely hoping they can sneak Beyer onto the practice squad.
Next: Special teams
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?