Sep 3, 2015; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan (2) talks to Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (5) after a game at the Georgia Dome. The Ravens defeated the Falcons 20-19. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
Starter: Joe Flacco
Backup: Matt Schaub
Practice Squad: Bryn Renner
The Ravens are once again rolling into a season with two quarterbacks on the active roster as 3rd stringer Bryn Renner heads to the practice squad. This is a trend that is gaining steam in the NFL, particularly for teams that employ durable quarterbacks like Joe Flacco.
It is critical, however, that Flacco stay upright this season. Matt Schaub has only looked like a viable NFL quarterback this offseason when he was facing deep reserves, and is almost certain to face plant if forced to make starts.
Renner had his ups and downs as well, but looked promising for the most part. It’s unlikely that another team would sign him away, but in a quarterback starved league, anything’s possible.
Next: Running Backs
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?