Sep 3, 2015; Atlanta, GA, USA; Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett (29) prepares for a game against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
Starters: Justin Forsett, Kyle Juszczyk
Backups: Buck Allen, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Terrence Magee (resigned on 9/8)
The Ravens appear to be playing with fire at the running back position due to the multi-week injury suffered by Lorenzo Taliaferro and the ineffectiveness of rookie Buck Allen. When your starter is almost 30 years old as well, that could be a problem.
The Ravens are likely scouring the waiver wire for potential adds at the running back position. If they can’t find a better option, I wouldn’t be surprised if they resigned Terrance Magee, who they cut Saturday. Magee was solid but unspectacular in preseason action.
While none of the backs truly impressed this offseason, we also rarely saw the entire starting offensive line on the field together either. With all signs pointing to this being the case in week 1, the running game should find a lot more holes than they did in the preseason.
9/8 update: The Ravens resigned Terrence Magee after sending defensive end Brent Urban to short-term injured reserve.
Next: Wide Receiver/Tight End
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?