Aug 22, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs (55) tackles Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford (7) late and is called for a penalty during the first quarter at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
Starters: Terrell Suggs, C.J. Mosley, Daryl Smith, Courtney Upshaw
Backups: Elvis Dumervil, Za’Darius Smith, Arthur Brown, Albert McClellan, Zach Orr
Practice Squad: Brennen Beyer
The Ravens head into 2015 with one of the NFL’s best linebacking corps once again. Suggs and Dumervil are back as one of the league’s most feared pass rushing duos, and Mosley looks to build on a stellar rookie campaign.
Upshaw steps in as the likely run stuffer with Dumervil coming in on passing downs, though the Ravens have expressed interest in using Upshaw as a package player a la Pernell McPhee. Both scenarios are likely to happen this coming season, depending on how he produces.
McClellan and Orr are strong special teamers, while Smith and Brown will look to pick up reps on defense. Beyer had a strong preseason and the Ravens will look to develop him on the practice squad.
Next: Defensive Backs
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?