Aug 22, 2015; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Jordan Matthews (81) catches the ball in front of the defense of Baltimore Ravens defensive back Kyle Arrington (24) at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
Starters: Jimmy Smith, Lardarius Webb, Will Hill, Kendrick Lewis
Backups: Kyle Arrington, Tray Walker, Brynden Trawick, Anthony Levine, Terrence Brooks, Rashaan Melvin
Practice Squad: Nick Perry, Charles James
The Ravens are much deeper at both the cornerback and safety positions than they were last season after bringing in veterans in Arrington and Lewis to fill the void. Hill is back on a new deal and should benefit from a full offseason with the Ravens as well.
Walker, a fourth round pick, looked lost this preseason and won’t be rushed into action. Brooks is recovering from a season ending injury but looked good in limited preseason action. He figures to be brought along slowly.
Both Perry and James offer upside on the practice squad. Perry was impressive this offseason and drew glowing reviews from the coaching staff. James was a fan favorite on this season’s Hard Knocks with the Houston Texans for his relentless motor and high effort play.
Next: Special Teams
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?