Sep 13, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller (58) pressures Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (5) in the first quarter at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
Key to victory #3: Joe Flacco must make better decisions
Joe Flacco had several inadvisable throws Sunday afternoon. The two worst ones are likely what cost the Ravens this game. Both were interceptions: one that appeared to be intended for Broncos corner Aqib Talib, and the other that ended their comeback bid in the end zone.
The Ravens actually had a 13-9 lead when Flacco made one of the worst throws I’ve seen him make in a long time in the closing seconds of the third quarter. Talib simply sat on the route in front of Steve Smith, making one of the easiest pick 6’s I’ve ever seen.
Those two throws weren’t a fluke, either, as Flacco finished with the worst quarterback rating in the entire NFL in week 1. Worse than Blake Bortles, Jamison Winston, Brian Hoyer, Kirk Cousins, etc. For a player considered to be a top ten guy in the league, that’s simply unacceptable.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?