Oct 1, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Baltimore Ravens tight end Nick Boyle (82) jumps over Pittsburgh Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons (bottom) during the third quarter at Heinz Field. The Ravens won 23-20 in overtime.Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
Speaking of Boyle, the Ravens obviously love this kid. He flat outplayed the much more lauded Maxx Williams through the offseason, and now he’s splitting time with the second rounder. After seeing 0 targets the first two weeks of the season, Boyle has 6 in the last two.
He’s been efficient with those targets as well, grabbing 5 of them for 31 yards. Even better, 2 have gone for first downs, something that his running mate Maxx Williams was lauded for throughout his college career.
It’s clear that Boyle isn’t going anywhere unless either Gillmore or Williams blows up and seizes the starting job. He isn’t going to dazzle anyone with his playmaking chops or athletic ability, but Boyle is a reliable target underneath and a viable blocker.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?