Joe Flacco: START
Predictions: 287 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 4 rushing yards
Aug 29, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (5) throws during the second quarter against the Washington Redskins at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
This is a very favorable match-up for Joe Flacco statistically. The Browns defense is ranked 22nd in pass defense, giving up an average of 264 yards per game and allowing 9 touchdowns with just 1 interception.
The probability of Flacco’s success in this matchup will rest in the chemistry and success of his now inexperienced, young receiving group.
With the possibility of Steve Smith Sr. being ruled out, Crockett Gilmore likely to be ruled out, and Breshad Perriman possibly out for the season, Flacco is left with a lot of youth and inexperience.
Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle are holding down the tight end position, and Darren Waller, Kamar Aiken, Marlon Brown, and the newly acquired Chris Givens are left at wide receiver. If there’s ever a game to really put chemistry to the test, it’s against this defense. One thing’s for sure, and that is Flacco will do his part.
Next: Start or Sit: Optimus 9
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?