Sep 13, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Baltimore Ravens guard Kelechi Osemele (72) reacts during the second half against the Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The Broncos won 19-13. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Here is a perfect example of a player who probably won’t be worth the money some team will likely offer him. Osemele has historically been one of the better guards in the NFL, including last season. But this year his play has slipped considerably, as has his effort.
Osemele demonstrated a total lack of care last week against the 49ers as he jogged into position while the Ravens were in comeback mode with little time on the clock. It was completely unacceptable behavior for any player, and is alarming for a team that is trying to decide whether or not to shell out big bucks for his serivces.
The writing on the wall likely came when the Ravens handed fellow guard Marshal Yanda a new contract last week. It’s long been common thought that the Ravens couldn’t afford to pay Yanda and Osemele, and that belief might be coming true before our very eyes.
Next: Matt Schaub
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?