Sep 3, 2015; Atlanta, GA, USA; Baltimore Ravens quarterback Matt Schaub (8) and quarterback Joe Flacco (5) prepare for a game against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
Schaub was signed this past offseason to add a little stability and veteran leadership to the backup quarterback position as the Ravens allowed Tyrod Taylor to depart in search of a starting job. The move had disaster written all over it from the beginning.
Schaub proved in the preseason that he hasn’t been a viable quarterback in several years by playing just about as poorly as a quarterback can play. He is literally a pick-6 and turnover machine that is one Joe Flacco injury away from making a bad situation even worse.
The Ravens would be much better off saving their $2 million a year and bringing in another young QB who at least provides a little upside to slot in behind Flacco. Maybe even one that could be groomed and developed with an eye toward the future.
Next: Lardarius Webb
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?