Ravens: Cheers and jeers for week 7
Oct 26, 2015; Glendale, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals running back Chris Johnson (23) runs the ball in the first quarter against the Baltimore Ravens at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Jeers: Brandon Williams (and company) forget what a tackle is
One of the most embarrassing moments of an embarrassing season occurred when massive nose tackle Brandon Williams appeared to wrap up the much smaller Chris Johnson for a short gain, only to see Johnson spring up and run an additional 62 yards.
John Harbaugh was livid and had red flag in hand, but the play was not able to be challenged. It appears that Johnson simply rolled over Williams, with no part of his body other than his feet touching the ground. It was a classic example of why players play until the whistle blows.
In all fairness, several Ravens stood nearby and also assumed that Johnson was down. Everyone had already quit on the play except for Johnson, who accomplished the rare feat of rushing for over 100 yards against a run defense that doesn’t allow it very often.
Next: Cheers - Steve Smith Sr.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?