Oct 26, 2015; Glendale, AZ, USA; Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (5) hands off to running back Justin Forsett (29) during the second half against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
Run the ball (no, seriously)
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it’s pretty obvious that the Ravens must run the ball if they want to win. For reasons unknown, they only toted the rock a mere 16 times against the Cardinals, who are much more vulnerable on the ground than they are through the air. It’s baffling.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
This week, they once again face a team that has been giving up more yards via the ground than the air, but in a much more disparaging way. The Chargers have the second worst run defense in the NFL right now, giving up an incredible 132 yards per game.
They are much more formidable against the pass (9th), allowing only 230 yards per game. It would make all the sense in the world for the Ravens to come out of the gate pounding the rock, feeding Justin Forsett to the tune of 25 carries or so.
But then again, it would have made sense last week too.
Next: Don't screw this up